With the holidays right around the corner, quick & easy projects are always nice to have in the back of your mind. You can’t get much easier than today’s simple gift card holder using Stampin’ Up!’s Merry Moose bundle from the 2019 Holiday Catalogue.
To create this card:
- Start with a standard 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ card base and score it at 1 1/4″ and 4 1/4″.
- Fold the card in half, along the 4 1/4″ score line.
- Then fold the 1 1/4″ score line inwards. Use a punch to notch the flap using a punch (optional), I used the story label punch.
- Add adhesive along the top and bottom, leaving the right side open to slide the gift card in. See photo below.
- Cut a 1 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ strip of patterned paper (wrapped in plaid used here) and add it down the inside right panel of the card.
- Decorate as desired.
When you decorate the card, you can get as simple or as elaborate as you’d like. I added a bit of texture to the shaded spruce circle using the subtle embossing folder. And a bit of gold splatter, because it’s my favourite thing to do right now. But leaving those two things off of this card would simplify it even more.
Be sure to check out yesterday’s Merry Moose inspiration here. And don’t forget to join in on the Merry Moose Mini Stamp-a-Stack which features some quick & easy, but adorable, cards featuring the Merry Moose bundle.
Find all the details on the Merry Moose class to go here.
Have a creative day!
Purchase the Everything is Rosy medley – currently on the clearance rack for 15% off – using host code HQD2KMZE and I’ll send you the tutorials for BOTH the Everything is Rosy Card & Scrapbook Layout classes.
Merry Moose Simple Gift Card Holder Supply List
In addition to the following supplies, I used adhesives, a die cutting machine and gold Heidi Shine.