Popping in today to share some more Hippest Hippos card ideas. Sale-a-Bration is almost over (only 2 weeks left) and these adorable hippo products – the Hippest Hippos stamp set and Hippo dies will no longer be available!
If you missed the previous hippo cards I shared, you can find them here.
I decided to pair the hippos with the Butterfly Kisses 6″ x 6″ dsp from the annual catalogue. The fun, vibrant colours in this dsp work perfectly!
For the first card I kept things pretty simple. Here are the measurements if you’d like to recreate it.
- Thick Basic White: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
- Starry Sky: 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″
- Butterfly Kisses DSP: 3″ x 4″ punched with a 2-1/2″ circle punch so that the starry sky peeks out from behind
- Basic White: scraps for stamping and die cutting – the hearts are die cut from this piece but then coloured in using Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends
- Starry Sky Metallic Ribbon: about 8″
This next card is a gate fold card with a belly band that slides off.
- Starry Sky: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 2-1/8″ from both short ends; 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ and 1″ x 8-1/2″ for the belly band
- Parakeet Party: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/4″ embossed with the Gingham embossing folder and then cut down to two 1-7/8″ x 5-1/4″ – the 1/2″ strip that’s leftover was used on the inside; and 2″ x 2″ for die cutting the snorkel gear
- Basic White: 4″ x 5-1/4″ (x2) one for the inside and the other for stamping and die cutting
- Basic Black: 1″ x 1″ for die cutting the boat motor
- Butterfly Kisses DSP: 3″ x 4″
- Starry Sky Metallic Ribbon: about 6″
Here’s a look at the gatefold card without the belly band.
And then open.
If you haven’t yet picked up the Hippest Hippos stamp set and coordinating Hippo dies, be sure to do so before they sell out or are gone for good (August 31st).
Until next time,
Click on any of the images to shop my Canadian online store or to find out more.