Todays post is all about Island Vibes inspiration! I don’t know about you, but I sure could use a bit of a tropical escape right now. January is always a tough month. It’s cold. The days are long. It feels like winter will never end.
I’m hoping that these projects will provide you with a bit of an escape from the January blues. Think about palm trees, beaches and fruity drinks instead of the pile of snow outside your window. Even if it is just for a brief moment.
I’ve included the measurements below if you’d like to recreate the cards. You can see how they come together in the video towards the bottom of the post.
- Old Olive: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″ and 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic White: 4″ x 5-1/4″ (inside); 3-1/2″ x 5″ to die cut scallop rectangle; 2-9/16″ x 3-7/8″ and scrap
- Calypso Coral: scrap
- Vellum: 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ for die cutting leaf
- White Twine: 12″
- Polished Dots: x2
- Evening Evergreen: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and scrap for die cutting ‘thanks’
- Just Jade: 3-3/4″ x 4-1/2″
- Artfully Composed DSP: 3-5/8″ x 4-1/4″
- Basic White: 4″ x 5-1/4″ and 2-3/8″ circle
- Calypso Coral: 2-5/8″ scallop circle
- White Twine: 6″
- Garden Gems: x2 (retired)
And here’s one last card to inspire you. I love this sweet pineapple image!
In the video below I share how to make the first two cards.
There’s only a couple days left to register for the Winter SAB Extravaganza! Find all the details on how you can participate here.
Have a creative weekend!
Click on any of the images to shop my Canadian online store or to find out more.