Today I’m sharing a little piece of fall home decor that I made for my tiered tray. I was so happy with how this card turned out, I decided to use it as my inspiration.
I love my tiered trays. We have two of them plus a couple other vignette areas around our house that I decorate seasonally. Although one of my tiered trays, isn’t technically a tiered tray. It’s just a cake plate that I use with a riser to give it a second level. Finding creative ways to use things I already own is fun.
I found a few of these little wood pieces leftover from a class that I offered years ago in my alterables bin. It was purchased from the dollar store but years ago. I’m not sure if they still have them. It had a piece of jute at the back so you could hang it but I cut that off.
All of the images that I stamped are from the Hello Harvest bundle.
- Everything is sponged around the edges with soft suede ink, including the wood.
- The pumpkin was coloured in using Cajun Craze and Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends.
- Leaves were inked with crushed curry and then I used a sponge dauber with some mossy meadow ink to add a bit of variation in the colour.
- The bouquet was coloured using Stampin’ Blends: cajun craze, daffodil delight, crumb cake, soft suede and mossy meadow.
- To make the focal point a little larger, I added one of the leaf labels.
- The finishing touch was to add little clusters of three dots using the bullet point of a brown Stampin’ Blend.
Here’s a look at it on display.
There are still a few things I’d like to adjust and add to it but it’s a good start.
Many of the pieces on this tray are from Homeworks Etc. They have great diy kits you can purchase and easily put together. I loved that this one had some less traditional fall colours. Our main living space is very neutral and this works perfectly. I just need to add a couple more pops of orange on it and it will be done.
There’s still time to register for this month fall themed layout of the month kit. Find all the details here.
Until next time,
Click on any of the images to shop my Canadian online store or to find out more about any of these products. In addition to the following supplies I also used the retired Playful Alphabet dies and a wood piece from the dollar store.