Today I’m sharing a simple project using the celebrating you stamp set and 3 ways to use it. The idea came from some packaging I created to hold the gift that upcoming class attendees will be receiving. I thought it would make a pretty tag.
Then I thought it would be easy enough to add to a card front.
- Thick Basic White: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” scored at 4-1/4”
- Basic White: 3” x 4-1/4”
- Hues of Happiness DSP: Choose two flowers and a leaf to fussy cut or use the coordinating dies.
- Pool Party: 3-1/8” x 4-3/8”
- Opal Rounds: x3
- Using a blending brush, pool party ink and the simple floral mask from the Butterflies & Flowers Layering Masks – add a subtle pattern to the smaller white cardstock.
- Choose desired greeting from the Celebrating You stamp set and stamp it randomly overtop of the stenciled background.
- Add the white cardstock to the pool party layer and add that to the card front using dimensionals.
- Die cut (or fussy cut) one large flower, one small flower and a set of leaves.
- Crumple the flowers to give them a bit more dimension.
- Add the largest flower to the card front using dimensionals. Tuck the smaller flower and the leaves in behind using multipurpose glue.
- Add opal rounds.
And then here’s the packaging where the idea originated. The photo makes the bag look grey but it is a white mini lunch bag that I had in my stash.
The flowers on all three were fussy cut from the Hues of Happiness dsp pack that will be available when the new catalogue goes live on May 3rd.
Coming up with a design is always the part that takes the longest, at least for me. So when I come up with something I like, I’ll consider other projects on my list that need to get done and try to use that idea to create those. Sometimes I’ll tweak it a bit, other times like todays post, I’ll replicate almost to a T. It’s all about working smarter, not harder right?!
Until next time,
In addition to the supplies listed below, I also used the Hues of Happiness DSP (available May 3rd, 2022).