What are slimline cards? These tall, narrow cards seem to be on trend right now and they are so fun to create! So what is a slimline card?
- 8 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ is the size of the card folded
- start with a 8 1/2″ x 7″ piece of card stock and score it at 3 1/2″
- they make great ‘scene builder’ cards but not limited to those types of cards
- fit into a #9 envelope (3 7/8″ x 8 7/8″) which are not easy to find. I bought mine here. You can also use the more common #10 business envelope (4 1/8″ x 9 1/2″).
- these cards are great if you have tall narrow images or greetings, or long narrow images or greetings but those aren’t the only types of images/greetings you can use. Get creative!
- this size of card also allows for more personal message to be written inside – think birthday, retirement or congratulations cards that everyone in the office needs to sign!
On todays Facebook live I featured this beautiful slimline card featuring the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set – still one of my favourites. You can catch the replay below.
- Whisper White: 7″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 3 1/2″ on the short side to make the card base; 3 1/8″ x 8 1/8″ and scrap for label shape
- Cinnamon Cider: 3 1/4″ x 8 1/4″
- Bumblebee Gingham Ribbon: 6″
- Cinnamon Cider Ribbon: 6″
A few weeks ago I had shared a peek at a Christmas slimline card as part of my 1 card layout 5 cards post. This was the first slimline card I created and was immediately hooked!
I’ve been enjoying them so much that I decided to feature slimline cards in September! Every Saturday for the entire month join me here on my blog, or on my Youtube channel, for a new Slimline Saturday post and video.
Have a creative weekend!
Click on any of the images to shop my Canadian online store or to find out more.