Today I’m sharing a fun Storybook Gnomes home decor piece that I made. Framed, this would make such an adorable addition to your winter or holiday season decor. However, I will be sharing how I plan on using it.
The Storybook Gnomes DSP has such fabulous images that can be die cut, or fussy cut, to use as fun accents for your paper crafting projects. I decided to put lots of them to use on this fun project.
- The background is a full piece of the dsp. The pool party snowflakes are a great background.
- Snowy hills were created using some Snowy White Velvet.
- There are dies that will cut out the mushroom houses and the gnomes and then the rest of the images were all fussy cut.
- I used the Snowfall Accents Puff Paint to create a little path leading up to one of the houses. I love this addition of texture to the project.
- The wonderful snowflakes were a nice addition to the upper part of the project. I felt like it was a little too plain and needed a little something.
There are a few different ways that you could use this project.
- Like I mentioned above, you could frame it and use it as home decor.
- You could make a few minor adjustments so that you could add a couple photos. To do this, I would move the cluster with the greeting to the left and then add a mats for 3″ x 4″ photos, or a single 4″ x 4″ or 4″ x 6″ photo.
- I ended up cutting mine into four 6″ x 6″ squares and inserted it into the back of a pocket page. I call this type of thing a filler. These get included throughout my albums where I don’t have any photos to add. The fill in the gaps in my albums.
When I design something like this, that I know will need to be cut apart, I keep in mind where the cutting will happen. You can see in this photo that I made sure not to be cutting a gnome in half or cutting into anything that was too small. My 6″ x 12″ quilting ruler came in really handy for making sure I positioned everything correctly.
Even though it doesn’t include any photos, it’s still something fun to look at as you flip through the album. I hope that this gives you an idea of how you can fill in the gaps in your albums.
Until next time,
Click on any of the images to shop my Canadian online store or to find out more about any of these products.