Now that the holidays are over, it’s time to clean up and reset for 2020. I’m always looking for creative ways to repurpose, store or display all the beautiful Christmas cards that I receive. So I thought I’d gather some ideas on repurposing Christmas cards.
In this day and age of recycling, up cycling and repurposing, I’m always looking for creative ways to reuse things. I LOVE all the beautiful handmade cards that I receive over the holidays but there are a lot of them. So I was trying to brainstorm some ideas on how to put them to good use. I think I’ve come up with something!
Adding them to the front of a plain gift bag allows you to gift them to someone else. So many more people will get to enjoy them over and over, instead of just packing them away in a box! I don’t know anyone who tosses gift bags, we all reuse them over and over. Imagine how many more people will get to enjoy these beautiful works of art! I plan on doing this with all my cards this year in preparation for the next holiday season. It’ll be part of my holiday cleanup.
Repurposing Christmas Card Ideas
- Create a Christmas Album using your holiday cards. Check out Alice Bolls video where she creates a Christmas card album using her cards and some scrapbook supplies.
- Create holiday tags, wine bottle tags or ornaments out of them.
- Trim it down and create a holiday themed magnet for your fridge.
- Frame your favourites and you’ve got a fabulous new display piece for the next holiday season.
- Punch or cut out a circle and use it as a mason jar topper to present a treat.
Don’t want to cut up the cards?
Here are a few ways to keep them intact.
If you’re a scrapbooker, create a 2-page pocket spread and tuck your cards into the pockets. This way you can always go back and read the personal messages inside the cards.
Do you create an album to document your month of December? Add those holiday cards to the back of your album or tuck them into a pocket.
Create a Christmas card book by binding the books together. Rose Clearfield has a great tutorial on one of the ways you can do that here.
I’m sure there are hundreds of other ideas you can do with your holiday cards. I’d love to hear what you do with your holiday cards.
Have a creative day!