Yesterday I received my box of pre-order products from the 2016-2017 catalogue. Yet another one of the perks of being a demonstrator – the opportunity to order new products before everyone else! Can you spot a few new products on this card?
- Pop of Paradise stamp set
- Swirly Scribbles Thinlits
- Thoughtful Banners Bundle
- Flirty Flamingo Ink
I fell in love with this adorable little flamingo – had to have it. Here’s a quick run down on some of the details of this card.
- I created a watercolor wash with bermuda bay ink and my aqua painter on watercolor paper
- The swirl is cut from vellum cardstock
- I inked the flamingo with flirty flamingo and then used my blender pen to remove the ink on the legs and beak and then used my black marker to ink them up
- The thoughtful banners stamp set is photo polymer which allows you to curve the words on the block so they follow the same curve as the banner shape. To line it up, I stamped the banner first and then placed my clear block on top and positioned the words based on the banner frame. Note: remember that you need to position the words backwards so that when you flip it over it stamps correctly.
- I fussy cut the flamingo, starting with an Xacto knife to cut in between his legs. By starting there it allows you more paper to hold on to.
- Sequins were attached using the fine tip glue.
Did you know that you can include pre-order products in your starter kit between now and May 31st? If you purchase the starter kit for just $125 (no shipping and no GST), the you can choose $155 worth of product of your choice from the current catalogue, pre-order list, clearance rack or retired list to make up your kit! The starter kit price is going up on June 1st as is the cost of many of our items which makes it a great time to join the Stampin’ Up! family! If you are in Canada and would like to join the Treasure Stampers team, you can do so here. Imagine ordering from the new catalogue and getting your products at a discount!
Thanks for making my blog a part of your day!