When the retiring list comes out, I’m usually pretty happy to get rid of the stamp sets that are retiring. I’ve gotten lots of use out of them and it’s time for them to move on. Plus who doesn’t love getting new stamps right? BUT, every year, there are always a couple that I’m just not sure I can part with. Today’s stamp set – Happy Celebrations – is one of them. I have used this stamp set SO much – especially for memory keeping.
It really doesn’t look like much but the words ‘happy’ and ‘celebrate’
are words that can go a long way. And I love sets that have lots of
little words in them so you can mix and match to create sayings. And the
smaller words in this set are a great size.
You can find a winter themed layout here using the ‘Happy’ and another here. You can see that although the same image was used, the layouts are very different! In this layout I used the word ‘celebrate’ to document a school photo. Wow! It was kind of fun to look back at some of my old posts, I need to do that more often. So many projects I’ve forgotten about.
I love the color combination of this card – bermuda bay and lemon lime twist are two colors that make me happy! I think I’m becoming more and more of a brights lover. It’s funny how your tastes change.
Want to make this cute card? Here are the details…
- Bermuda Bay 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″ and 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
- Pool Party 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Whisper White 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Run the white layer through the Big Shot with the ‘happy’ folder.
- Ink the large circle image in pool party and gently stamp three times over the embossing where shown.
- Clean the stamp, ink it in lemon lime twist and gently stamp three times over the embossing where shown.
- Ink the small circle image in Bermuda Bay and gently stamp three times over the embossing where shown.
- Ink the sentiments in memento and stamp above and below the embossed area.
- Adhere this to the pool party layer.
- Wrap 16″ of ribbon around this layer and tie in a knot in the upper left corner.
- Add this to the card base with dimensionals.
Thanks for stopping by – have a creative day!
So Very Happy Card Supply List:
& tax) and I’ll send you a sampling of all the new cardstock colors!