Sorry for the late post. This weekend was a retreat weekend. I’ve been crafting since Thursday afternoon and I feel like I have a bit of a retreat hangover today! Is that even possible?!
I love retreats. It’s so fun to craft with a bunch of other people! And what’s even better is that I don’t have to cook, clean or take care of anyone for the entire weekend. Sigh – I’m ready to go back!
Here’s a peek at what I accomplished this weekend.
- 108 regular sized cards (team Christmas cards, a custom order, a paper pumpkin kit, some congrats cards and a few other random cards I needed to make)
- Seven 3×3 cards using some leftover pieces from my paper pumpkin kit
- 10 of the Be Merry ornaments – which will be turned into a few other things for an upcoming craft sale
- 11 scrapbook layouts – combination of traditional and pocket pages
- I played with the new Stampin’ Blends too – I love these new alcohol markers!
- and I helped a retreat attendee organize her supplies!
I’d say that was a productive weekend!
If you’d like to attend a crafting weekend, here’s what I have left for space…
- November 17 and 18, 2017 – a few spots left – Local Retreat
- March 16th – 18th, 2018 – 1 spot left – Bittern Retreat
- May 4th – 6th, 2018 – spots available – Local Retreat
- October 26th – 28th, 2018 – full – Bittern Retreat
You can find more information here.
Now back to the layout I’m sharing today. It’s one I created this weekend. I was positive I had pinned the layout that inspired me but now can’t seem to find it! I really wanted to use the scraps I had left from the Spooky Night dsp and I’m happy to say that I ended up using most of them and then passed along the rest to one of the ladies at the retreat who does some mixed media memory keeping.
The layout is really simple, I just started with squares in various sizes and then trimmed them down to triangles. It was fun playing with the positioning, kind of like a jigsaw puzzle. The rhinestone flower accent was something in my stash that I had for years that I was happy to finally put to use.
1 more layout complete as I work towards my goal of catching up!
Have a creative day!
Canadian? Order your Stampin’ Up! product online here.
Halloween Layout Supply List
Note: The Little Layers Thinlits are retired and no longer available to purchase. You can click on any of the other items to take you right to my online store.