Today I’m sharing a couple gilded leafing background ideas with you. I was looking through my drawers and came across my gilded leafing and decided it was time to play with it a bit more. I tried several different ideas – some worked, some didn’t. Today I’m sharing two of my favourites.
This first card uses adhesive sheets and the beautiful seashells embossing folder to create a gorgeous gold background. It’s simple and so effective! Here’s a closer look.
Want to recreate this card? Here are the measurements:
- Soft Sea Foam: 4-1/4″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
- Sahara Sand: 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″
- Mossy Meadow: 3-7/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Adhesive Sheets: 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″
- Basic White: 4″ x 4″ for inside; scraps for greeting and stamping
- Vellum: 2″
- Petal Pink: scrap for stamping
The second card uses the stamps, dies AND embossing folder to create a beautiful vintage looking background which I turned into a wedding card. I thought it would make a beautiful destination wedding card. Here’s closer look at the card.
- Thick Basic White: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
- Basic White: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ and scrap for greeting
- Gold Foil: 1/2″ x 4″
See how the backgrounds are created in the video below.
Have a creative day!
Click on any of the images to find out more or to shop my Canadian online store.