A few days ago, I posted a video on how to make a decorative square card (find it here) and at the end I shared a few alternate sizes. I’ve had a few questions on measurements so thought I would share more details today.
For this Thanks I’m Lost Without You card, the panels measure 3″x4″ and fold flat, it measures 4″x6″. Here are the details:
- Base measures 4″ x 12″. Score at 3″, 6″ and 9″.
- Strip to attach the two ends measures 1″ x 4″ and is scored at 1/2″.
- Patterned papers are cut to 2-3/4″ x 3-3/4″. You will need three of them and then a lighter patterned paper or piece of cardstock for the greeting panel.
- Decorate as desired. I used products from Stampin’ Up!’s Going Places collection (Paper Stack #140581, Going Global stamp set #140748)
- The envelope was created using the envelope punch board (#133774) and a sheet of the Perfectly Artistic dsp (retired SAB 2016 item).
- The ‘Thanks’ is from the Expressions Natural Elements (#138395) and is brushed with the gold Wink of Stella (#141898)
- Ribbon is a piece of the 5/8″ striped cotton ribbon cut in half (#138417)
Here’s a photo of the other side.
For this next decorative square card, the panels measure 4″x6″ and folded flat, the card measures 6″x8″.
Here are the details:
- The base is created from a piece of 6″ x 12″ cardstock scored at 4″ and 8″ and an extra 4″ x 6″ piece of cardstock.
- You will need two strips measuring 1″ x 6″, each scored at 1/2″. These are used to join the 2 pieces mentioned above, together.
- The decorative panels measure 3-3/4″ x 5-3/4″. The two front panels were embossed using the Fluttering embossing folder (#139304).
- Most of the embellishments come from Memories in the Making Project Life Accessory Pack (#140574) and the watermelon polka dot panel is one of the cards from the Memories in the Making PL Card Collection (#140573).
- This card was for my mom for her birthday, so I wanted to add a photo of the kids. So on the polka dot panel I added a mat for a photo. I think it measured 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2.
April Gift with Purchase