I have a thinking of you card featuring the Butterfly Brilliance bundle to share with you today. It actually just uses the Brilliant Wings dies but it’s a card design that you could easily recreate using the stamp set.
- Thick Basic White: 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼” and scrap for stamping the greating
- Calypso Coral: 2” x 5-1/2” and 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” for die cutting butterflies
- So Saffron: 4-3/4” x 6”
- Butterfly Bijou DSP: yellow/coral watercolour background pattern 1-7/8” x 5-1/2”
- Fine Art Ribbon: 12”
- Gold Glitter Enamel Dots: x3
- Add the dsp to the calypso coral card stock strip and add that down the center of the card front.
- Run the so saffron card stock through the die cutting machine and cut out the solid butterflies. Note: if you don’t want to cut them all, trim your cardstock down to fit behind just the ones you want to use for this project.
- Once you’ve decided on the three butterflies you will use, die cut the coordinating detailed butterflies from the calypso coral cardstock.
- Pair the butterflies up and attach them together using mini glue dots.
- Use your bone folder to curl up the wings.
- Add adhesive down the center of each of the butterflies and adhere them to the card front. I started with the center butterfly.
- Trim the very edge of the Fine Art Floral Ribbon all the way up the 12” length. This will allow you to separate the fibers. Separate 4 threads and tie a bow.
- Add the bow to the center of the middle butterfly using a mini glue dot. Trim ends if needed.
- Stamp desired greeting onto the white scrap, using memento ink. Trim as needed.
- Add greeting to the card front using dimensionals.
- Add three gold glitter enamel dots.
If you enjoyed this card, be sure to check out this months Butterfly Brilliance class in the mail where we are creating 6 BEAUTIFUL projects using this bundle!
Find all the details for this months class in the mail here.
Have a creative day!
Click any of the images to find out more or to shop my Canadian online store.