In todays post I’m sharing 4 background (watch the video for a 5th idea) ideas using the Butterfly Brilliance bundle that was just released.
This first card features a bit of a fun fold but the background is the star of the show. I used the brick die to cut out a brick background and then stamped ‘happy birthday’ multiple times. Just to add a bit more colour I used a blending brush and some petal pink ink. That was then backed with a piece of the natural touch specialty paper. To finish off the card I added some threads from the art gallery ribbon and a butterfly.
- Terracotta Tile: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 4-1/2″ and 5-1/2″
- Natural Touch Specialty Paper: 4″ x 4-1/4″
- Basic White: 4″ x 4-1/4″; 3-7/8″ x 4-1/8″ and scraps for butterflies
- Petal Pink Organdy Striped Ribbon: 14″
- Art Gallery Ribbon: 12″
The background on this second card was created using the stamp and finger daubers. The ink colours are misty moonlight and just jade. You can see how I added the colour in the video below.
- Misty Moonlight: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″ and 2″ circle
- Just Jade: 4″ x 5-1/4″ and 7/8″ x 4″
- Basic White: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ ; 4″ x 5-1/4″ for inside; 4″ x 8-1/2″ for stamping and 3/4″ x 4″
Next up came an emboss resist ombre card. After stamping the butterflies with versa mark, I embossed with some white embossing powder. Then used my sponge brayers to add the ombre effect. I used petal pink, calypso coral and terracotta tile.
- Petal Pink: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
- Terracotta Tile: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ and 3/4″ x 4″
- Basic White: 3-3/4″ x 5″; 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside; 5/8″ x 4″ and scrap for stamping butterfly
- Terracotta Tile Scallop Trim
This one may be my favourite. I used the negative space from cutting the butterflies out of the dsp and my blending brushes to add the colour. The colour combo for this one is just jade and pretty peacock. I can’t wait to try this on a scrapbook layout.
- Just Jade: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
- Pretty Peacock: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Basic White: 4″ x 5-1/4″ for inside and 3-3/4″ x 5″ for stencilling and scrap for greeting
- Pretty Peacock Scallop Trim: 5″
- Just Jade Ribbon: 5″
In the video below, I share how I created all 4 of these backgrounds.
If you enjoyed these cards, you’re going to love the cards in this months class in the mail. Find out how you can join in here.
I hope you enjoyed these 4 background ideas using the Butterfly Brilliance bundle!
Have a creative weekend.