Good morning! Yes I am still working on our cruise album. This was this months layout at my scrapbook clubs. You’ll notice that I don’t really follow the traditional holiday pages for my club. The way I run my club is that each member brings the photos that they want to scrapbook. That allows them to finish or at least get a good start on an album. I found by doing themed layouts, everyone just did the layout and put it in an album but never had the right photos for it. I think this way it works much better. We all get some scrapbooking done!
These photos were taken in Barbados at the first beach we went to. The kids had so much fun! I used so many different products on this page so I will list them out. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
- The fish were created using the polka dot ornament from the stamp set Delightful Decorations (116517) and then punched out using the ornament punch (119847). The eyes were done using the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack (118309) and the black centres are from the Black Flourish designer jewels (120987). The tail is a couple of the petals from the 5-petal flower punch (119880) and the lips were using the tiny heart from the Owl punch (118074).
- The background is textured crumb cake and I used the same ink and stamped the big ‘splat’ image from Extreme Elements (115181) a few times across the pages. I thought it kind of looked like a splash. I also used other images from this same set to stamp on the scallop square (cut from the Scallop Squares Duo die – 120903).
- It’s hard to see but the Tasteful Trim die (120893) – LOVE this die- was cut out of window sheets and then embossed using the Perfect Polka Dots (117335) embossing folder. It’s really hard to see in the photo but it is tucked under both of the tempting turquoise pieces.
- The dsp strips along the outer edges is from Greenhouse Gala dsp pack (117167). This wouldn’t normally be my first choice of paper for a layout like this but it works and ties in the yellow accents.
- The title is cut using the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet (115951) and if you look closely, the word ‘beach’ was cut from an extra photo that I couldn’t find a place for on the layout.
The photo really doesn’t do this layout justice, it has so many different elements on it that you really do need to see in person. Hopefully my descriptions can help you visualize it a bit better. Thanks for stopping by!SherryClick here to order Stampin’ Up! products online!