Wow what a busy weekend! As much as I love being busy, it’s nice to have a day where things are a little slower pace and today is one of those days. I’ve got some planning to do, a bit of running around and some photos to take and edit so that I have more projects to post for you!
Did you know that the first Saturday in October (Oct. 2nd this year) is World Card Making Day?
Card Making Facts
The origin of exchanging handmade greeting cards can be traced all the way back to ancient Chinese culture.
- Today, card making is a worldwide hobby, especially popular in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- 86% of scrapbookers also create handmade cards
- 92% of paper crafters create cards more than any other type of project
- The top occasions/themes for making cards are
winter holidays (Christmas, New Year’s, etc.)
- Card makers prefer stamps and rub-ons for use on their holiday handmade cards
- 73% of card makers use their computer in part or all of their design
I have found that Christmas and Birthdays are the most popular occasions for card making. With that in mind, this year I have decided to hold an open house with a focus on quick & easy Christmas cards. I’ll have lots of samples showcasing quick & easy cards, tags and gift ideas as well as a make & take. Many of the ideas can also be altered to different occasions but I will be primarily focusing on Christmas because it is a time when we need so many more cards at one time so simplicity is the key.
When: Saturday October 2ndTime: 1 to 3 pm
Now on to the Wrinkled Ladies part of my title. Many of you are likely familiar with Anita Renfroe and her Momisms video. Well I was talking to a friend this morning and she asked if I had seen Anita’s version of Beyonce’s Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) – Wrinkled Ladies. OMGosh it is hillarious. I guess it has been out for a few months so many of you have likely seen it but I thought I would include the video here for those who haven’t. Love it! It will make you giggle – especially those of us who are getting close or have exceeded 40 years:)