I was online last week and came across the cutest idea using dollar store shot glasses! Right away I thought something similar would be the perfect idea for my catalogue launch thank you gifts.
This idea was inspired by another demonstrator who had taken the shot glasses, filled them with Skittles and then added a greeting to the front and a straw in the top. They were super cute! However, I wanted to make them my own so I decided to add flowers to the top instead and I love how they came out.
They are so easy to make, I whipped up 24 of them in about an hour. The part that takes the longest is the die cutting. You could speed that up by using a punch instead. Here are the specifics, including dimensions (specific supplies used are listed below):
- Clear shot glasses – I just picked these up at Dollarama for $1.25 for 30 of them.
- Patterned paper – 3/4″ x 6″ strips – these strips wrap around and attach at the bottom. They serve the purpose of holding the circle on so that the candies don’t fall out:)
- 1-5/8″ circle for the top – the new layering circles framelits has a circle that fits perfectly. You will want to measure your shot glasses just in case they are a different size.
- Flower and leaf punch or framelits to decorate the top
- Skittles or other colorful candy
- Use Fast Fuse to adhere the circle to the center of the patterned paper strip.
- Fill shot glass with candy
- Add mini glue dots to both ends of the patterned paper strip. Hold the circle over the top of the shot glass and carefully wrap the paper strip around the shot glass and adhere at the bottom.
- Decorate the top as desired.
These would make great little party favors or even place cards at a dinner – just personalize with a name tag. So fun!
Have a creative day!
Supply List for Shot Glass Treats
Click on any of the photos for more information, pricing or to place an order.