Did you know that sunflowers aren’t just yellow?! I had no idea until I googled it. Give it a try, you’ll see. They comes in purple with yellow tips, purple with white tips, red and a rusty orange with yellow tips. I’m so happy I discovered this because I was starting to feel like all the cards I was making using the beautiful new Celebrating Sunflowers set were looking the same.
If you are looking to recreate this card I’ve got a tutorial for you today – including the measurements!
- Thick Whisper White: 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”
- Crushed Curry: 2 ½” x 2 ½”
- Whisper White: 3 ½” x 4 ¾” (embossed); 2 ¾” x 3 ½” and scrap for stamping
- Rich Razzleberry: 2 7/8” x 3 3/8” and 3 3/8” x 4 7/8”
- Linen Thread: 5”
- Using sponge daubers and stamp pads, ink the flower as follows: outer edges with crushed curry; inside of the flower in rich razzleberry and the leaves in old olive.
- Stamp it onto the scrap of whisper white cardstock and die cut it using the coordinating die.
- Using the 6th smallest straight edge square die, cut out the center of the 2 ¾” x 3 ½” piece of whisper white, noting that there’s an even border at the top and the left and right and a wider border at the bottom.
- Stamp the greeting using memento ink, onto the center of the crushed curry card stock.
- Attach that to the back of the white frame you created and that to the smaller piece of rich razzleberry cardstock.
- Emboss the 3 ½” x 4 ¾” piece of whisper white cardstock with the pinewood planks embossing folder.
- Add that to the center of the larger rich razzleberry cardstock.
- Wrap the linen thread in a circle and staple it to the upper left corner of the embossed layer.
- Add that to the card front.
- Add the greeting to the center of the card front.
- Using dimensionals and add the sunflower.
The celebrate sunflowers stamp set is part of the Flowers for Every Season suite of products (P. 10-11 of the annual catalogue). This is also the suite I’ll be working with at the upcoming Mini Creative Retreat!
Mini Creative Retreat Details
This is going to be fun event. Here are just a few things that you can expect at the virtual event:
- a minimum of 7 card ideas
- 3 or more scrapbook layouts
- 2 exclusive Facebook lives
- 8 pre recorded videos
- virtual crop
- prizes and
- a pdf emailed to you afterwards with the details on all the projects I share and links to the videos
If you can’t attend the event that day – no worries! Everything will be accessible through a private Facebook group that you’ll have access during and after the event.
You’ll find all the event details here.
Have a creative day!