Staying on Top of Scrapbooking
Do you have folders full of pictures saved on your computer? Maybe you have boxes of printed photos gathering dust? Or maybe you have all of your photos organized but only a partially completed scrapbook? Whether you are just starting your first scrapbook or you are an experienced scrapbooker, here are some tips to help you get more done on your scrapbooks:
* Scrapbook your most current photos … and then work your way back. This actually gives you a greater sense of accomplishment and keeps you motivated to keep going.
* Use basic page layouts to save time. Just changing up the colors on the same layout changes the look. You can also use different embellishments (like Mini Vintage Tags #118763 or Designer Printed Brads #122940) for a fresh look. When you use basic page layouts, you can focus on what’s important – preserving your memories. The photos and journaling that you put on each page is what will make the real difference.
* Add Simply Scrappin’ kits to the mix. These kits, like Country Club (#122371), come with Designer Series Paper, coordinating solid colors of textured card stock, and self-adhesive die cuts. These make creating coordinating page layouts quick and easy.
* Lay out several pages first, and then go back and finish the pages, journal, and embellish. The Stampin’ Up albums come in different colors and sizes – like the Linen 12 x 12 post album (#1045190). The page protectors in these albums load from the top and offer the perfect place to store your page layouts, embellishments, and journaling until you complete your page.
* Create mini books for specific events – like a new baby or special trip. Some On Board chipboard sheets (#114320), Designer Series Paper and card stock, the Top Note die (#113463), and a book ring come together for a cute little scrapbook.
* Go digital … and use the Designer Templates from My Digital Studio (#118108). The Summer Smooches Photobook Template (#129919) gives you 24 pages already done for you … just add your photos and print.
Hopefully these tips will make scrapbooking even more enjoyable and result in even more scrapbooks for you to enjoy! If you’d like more information on the different scrapbook classes/clubs (both digital and traditional) that I offer, email me, I’d be happy to fill you in on your options.
Thanks for stopping by!