Today my baby turns 8! Where does the time go? Eathan loves Star Wars, as do most boys his age. So I thought I would try to find some appropriate punch art. I came across this Yoda on Debbi’s Design’s Blog and pretty much cased it with a few minor changes. I can’t even begin to imagine how long it would have taken me to figure this out on my own, so I sure to appreciate Debbi and her willingness to share. I was just copying this card and it took me almost an hour to make! Apart from Yoda looking a little sad, I think it turned out ok.
Here are the details if you’d like to recreate it:
- Head is the wide oval (as is his body)
- Ears are the wing from the bird punch with the chocolate one trimmed down a bit.
- Eyes and nose are the end leaf of the branch from the bird punch (in green and white), and the large and small punches on the crop-a-dile (large in green, small in brown)
- Light saber is the word window and modern label punches
- Arms are the small oval (retired)
- Hands are the middle flower from the boho blossoms and the large circle from the owl punch
- Neck – small oval
- Shirt – just a scrap of chocolate chip
The card isn’t difficult but is a bit finicky. Definitely worth it if you have someone special in your life who loves Star Wars though!
Until next time!