Today I’m sharing a few star treat bag ideas. I think this was a much overlooked product in the 2022 July to December mini catalogue. They make for quick & easy gift packaging but can be used for so much more.
Before we get into the projects for today, I’d like to point out that I’m using several retiring products. These products will be available while supplies last, or until January 4th.
- Star Treat Bags (159833) – on sale for $5.50/pkg
- Storybook Gnomes DSP (159615)
- Fine Sparkle Gems (159967) – on sale for $4.10
- Kindest Gnomes stamp set (159616)
This first project shows a simple way to use the bag as gift packaging. I tucked some hand sanitizer into some leftover pool party tissue from a past Paper Pumpkin box and carefully added that into the bag. The sweet gnome was stamped and then coloured in using Stampin’ Blends.
For the second project, I flipped the bag upside down and created a box to fit inside. I was inspired by a project that Caro’s Kaartjes posted. I loved what she did with the bag so I took her I idea and tweaked it a bit to make it work for me. This was the result.
- The box was created from an 8-1/4″ x 11″ piece of dsp.
- Score at 1/2″ , 4″ , 5-3/4″ and 9-1/4″ along the 11″ side
- Rotate it a quarter of a turn and score at 1-3/4″
- Cut from the bottom up to the 1-3/4″ score line and remove the 1/2″ x 1-3/4″ piece
- Fold along all the score line and assemble the box
I share how it goes together in the video towards the end of this post.
The last project I have to share with you is one where I cut the bag apart so I could use the front as a stencil to add stars to a note card. I’m done making Christmas cards so I decided to turn this into a thank you card. I always need lots of those over the holidays! This is a design I will definitely make more of to try and use up a few more of the adorable images from the Storybook Gnomes dsp.
Until next time,
Click on any of the images to shop my Canadian online store or to find out more about any of these products.