Happy Friday the 13th! I’ve got a fun project to share with you today. One of the Treasures Stampers – Carla Woelinga did a tile coaster class last month and it was very successful. She had lots of fun and so did her customers. So I asked her to do a demo at our last meeting. This was the tile she showed us how to make but she had several other samples. One even used the Fabulous Florets stamp set (123025 WM/123027 CM) and colored embossing powders from the summer mini. It was so colorful and springy – GORGEOUS. Of course, I forgot to take a photo. I may just have to create one myself to show you… but don’t hold your breath. It won’t happen until I come back!
These are so easy to make – here’s how she did it.
- Clean your tile and let it thoroughly dry (overnight is best). Tiles can be picked up at any home maintenance store (tumbled tiles with not too many crevices).
- Stamp the En Francais stamp (109521) using Soft Suede CRAFT ink (119719).
- Sprinkle with clear embossing powder (109130).
- Put in your oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until the embossing powder is set.
- Remove to cooling rack and let cool (takes about 20 minutes)
- Ink Medallion (115223) image using black Staz On (101406) and stamp in lower right corner.
- Add a piece of felt to the back so they don’t scratch your table.
These would make a great gift idea – perfect for teacher’s gifts. Just wrap them with some of our wide striped ribbon, make a coordinating tag and voila!
I hope you enjoyed todays project and thank you Carla for demonstrating them!