Looking for a quick and easy Easter treat idea? This project was inspired by Allison Okamitsu’s Valentine treat idea using the mini easter egg gum packages that you can get at Dollarama. They come in a package of 4 for $1.25 – it works out to a really inexpensive little treat idea.
Here are the step by step instructions:
- Remove all packaging from the egg cartons.
- Tuck the little egg carton into one of our 2″ x 8″ cello bags. Note: I cut about an inch off the open end to shorten the bag just a bit.
- Tie a piece of white bakers twine around the bag to close it.
- To create the tag I punched a 1-1/4″ x 3-1/2″ piece of white cardstock with the scallop tag topper punch. Note: You’ll want to flip the punch over and look at the bottom to ensure your cardstock is centered in the punch so that it punches an even pattern.
- Using so saffron ink, I sponged the top part of the tag, starting off of the cardstock and working onto it in a circular motion.
- I repeated step 5 with flirty flamingo ink onto the bottom part of the tag.
- I used a black stampin’ write marker to ink the word ‘Easter’ from the Suite Sayings stamp set and stamped it on the tag.
- Stamp ‘happy’ from the Crazy About You stamp set using black ink.
- The flourish on the bottom of the tag is from the Make a Medallion SAB stamp set and is stamped in flirty flamingo.
- Once all the stamping is done, add the tag to the bakers twine and tie a bow.
I whipped up 40 of these in no time to use as thank you gifts for this month. So fun!
Have a creative day!
If you are looking for more Easter ideas, be sure to register for the upcoming Let’s Celebrate Easter class. You can find more details here.
Easter Treat Supply List:
Click on any of the items to find out more details or to place an order.
Use the March hostess code 4YJGNA36 if your order is less than $200.