Q: I love the ornament featured on the front of the Holiday catalogue. How do I make it?
A: That ornament is all the rage in the stampin’ world! This month,
you can receive the Festive Paper-Pericing Pack with our
Christmas Gift Promotion.
You’ll be surprised that you can create such a beautiful
ornament from paper. It takes a bit of time, but is actually pretty
simple to do. And makes a great gift.
• Ornament Keepsake stamp set (#128048 wood, #128051 clear)
• Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies (#127816)
• Big Shot (#113439)
• Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink Pad (#126966)
• Old Olive Classic Ink Pad (#126953)
• Very Vanilla card stock (#101650)
• Simply Scored Scoring Tool (#122334)
• 1-3/8” Circle Punch (#119860)
• 3-1/2” Scalloped Tulle Ribbon (#127841)
• Multipurpose Liquid Glue (#110755)
• Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons (#127555)
• Large Pearl Basic Jewels (#125577)
• Linen Thread (#104199)
• 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon or other ribbon for hanging ornament
• Rosette Die (#125594)
• Candlelight Christmas Designer Series Paper (#126901)
• Silicone Craft Sheet (#127853)
• Bone Folder (#102300)
• Hot Glue Gun and Glue
Step 1: Stamp 20 of the larger ornament images
on Very Vanilla card stock with Old Olive ink. Cut out with the
coordinating Holiday Ornaments Framelits Die using the Big Shot. Stamp
20 of the small ornament images on Very Vanilla card stock with Cherry
Cobbler ink. Cut out with the coordinating Holiday Ornaments Framelits
Die using the Big Shot. Score 15 of each ornament in half from top to
bottom using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool. Fold in half along the
Step 2: Use the Multipurpose Liquid Glue to
adhere three of the scored ornaments together. Adhere one half of the
first ornament lined up with one half of the next ornament and then do
the same with the third ornament. Leave one half of the first and last
ornaments un-glued. Repeat the steps until you have created 5 sets of
the 3-ornament groupings in each ornament style. Add Multipurpose
Liquid Glue to the halves of the first and last ornaments in the
3-ornament grouping. Adhere to an un-scored ornament of the same style.
Repeat for all 5 sets of each style.
Step 3: Punch a circle from scrap card stock
using the 1-3/8” Circle Punch. Place the circle on the Silicone Craft
Sheet. Add a line of hot glue around the edge of the circle. Position
the necks of the larger Old Olive ornaments, flat side down, evenly
around the circle. Press into the hot glue. Use the Bone Folder to
avoid burning yourself.
Nest the smaller ornaments with the larger ornaments.
To finish-up add Tulle Ribbon, linen thread and create a rosette to the center of the ornament
with the clear button using hot glue.
Punch a hole for ribbon at the top. Optional:
Add Dazzling Details Stampin’ Glitter or Champaign Shimmer Mist to add sparkle to the finished ornament.
CraftyPerson Production. Images © Stampin’ Up