Today I’m sharing this Friendly Gnomes card that showcases the paper piecing technique. This is a card I created after sharing this technique with my team a few weeks ago.
Paper piecing is a simple technique where you stamp an outline image onto a piece of patterned paper, or cardstock and then cut right along the image. That piece then gets placed overtop of the same stamped image. In the card that I’m sharing the gnomes hat is paper pieced.
To see how it’s done, check out the video below.
Here’s a look at the full card.
- Thick Basic White: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
- Basic White: 2-3/4″ x 4″ and 2″ x 3″ for stamping
- Crumb Cake: 3-3/4″ x 5″ embossed with Timber embossing folder
- Old Olive: 2″ x 2″
- Granny Apple Green: 2″ x 2″
- Country Gingham DSP: 2″ x 2″
- Burlap Ribbon: 6″
There’s still time for you to qualify for this months gift with purchase that uses this fun Friendly Gnomes stamp set.
Until next time,
Click on any of the images to shop my Canadian online store or to find out more about any of the products.