I’m having so much fun with the Mountain Air bundle! Today I’m sharing a masculine belated birthday card using this beautiful set.
I keep pretty good records with everyone’s birthdays. I make a ton of cards so always have lots on hand to send or give. However, what I’m not good at is getting them to the person on time:| Anyone else have this problem?
That’s why today’s project is a ‘belated’ birthday card. I always need to have a few of these on hand for when I really mess up lol.
- Gray Granite: 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼” – this will be your card base
- Basic Gray: 3 7/8” x 5 1/8”
- Whisper White: 3 ¾” x 5” ; 4” x 5 ¼” for the inside; 1 ½” x 5 ½” and scrap for the greeting
- Pear Pizzazz: 2 ½” x 5 ½”
- Stamp the mountain range onto the 1 ½” x 5 ½” piece of whisper white cardstock using gray granite ink.
- Stamp the mountain range again onto the 3 ¾” x 5” piece of whisper white cardstock so that the mountains are about 1” from the top.
- Clean the stamp and flip it over so that the detailed image is stuck to the block. Ink it with gray granite ink, stamp off onto a scrap piece of paper and then stamp overtop of the mountains on the narrow strip of white cardstock. Die cut the image using the coordinating die.
- Ink the stamp again, stamp off and stamp over top of the mountains on the larger piece of white cardstock.
- Without reinking again, stamp the solid mountains behind the mountain range, staggering them. Note: depending on where you stamp them, you may need to repeat this so that the mountains go all the way across.
- Stamp the tree line, using old olive ink, towards the top of the pear pizzazz cardstock.
- Die cut this image using the coordinating die.
- Using dimensionals add the die cut mountains to the stamped white cardstock. Trim off the excess.
- Add the trees over top using dimensionals on the bottom but multipurpose glue at the top where it overlaps the mountains. Trim off the excess.
- Stamp desired greeting using memento ink onto the scrap of white cardstock and punch it out using the 1 ½” circle punch.
- Adhere the greeting to the bottom, lower left of the pear pizzazz cardstock and trim the excess.
- Separate a couple threads from a 6” piece of the black twine and tie a bow. Add that to the greeting using a dot of multipurpose glue.
- Adhere the white cardstock to the center of the basic gray cardstock and that to the center of the card base.
- Add the 4” x 5 ¼” piece of whisper white cardstock to the inside of the card.
Mountain Air Heartfelt Cards To Go
If you are looking for a stamp set with loads of versatility, the Mountain Air is definitely that! Simply add a greeting and you can create cards for ANY occasion and for both men and women!
There’s still time to participate in this fabulous card class to go. You’ll find all the details here.
Have a creative day!
Click on any of the images to find out more or to shop my Canadian online store.
In addition to the following supplies, I also used: Die Cutting Machine, clear blocks and adhesive.