I’ve got a fall thank you card to share with you today. September calls for all the fall things. Even though we’ve been experiencing abnormally high temperatures here in Alberta my mind still associates September with fall and I LOVE fall.
I’ve decided that this months weekly Facebook lives will focus on different ways to use embossing folders. Embossing folders are a great way to add texture to a project plus they’re quick & easy to use. But there’s so much more that you can do with them apart from just straight embossing.
We’re starting simple this week by using the Leaf Fall embossing folder and then adding a bit of colour using our blending brushes. The colour really makes the raised images pop.
- Crushed Curry: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
- Mossy Meadow: 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ and 3rd smallest stylish shapes circle (this could be done in old olive)
- Basic White: 4″ x 5-1/4″ (x2) one for inside and one embossed using the Leaf Fall embossing folder; scrap for stamping
- Rustic Harvest DSP: 1/2″ x 4″
- Silver Threaded Twine: 2 strands about 16″ each
You can watch this card come together, as well as learn some tips & tricks on using your embossing folders, in the video below.
This second card is another one created using the gorgeous Leaf Fall embossing folder but instead of embossing just regular card stock, I embossed a piece of our distressed gold specialty paper. I encourage you to try embossing some of our specialty papers, it can be a really easy way to step up a project.
You’ll find a full supply list below. If you live in Canada and have supplies you’d like to order, I’d love for you to shop my online store.
Until next time,
Click on any of the images to shop my Canadian online store or to find out more.