Good morning! I’m excited to share with you the first few pages that I’ve documented for August using our Project Life by Stampin’ Up! products. I am sooo happy with the way they turned out and thanks to PLxSU, I can honestly say that our summer is almost fully documented! All the photos are printed and tucked into pages. There are just a couple pages that I need to go back to and add some PL cards, journaling and embellishments. That is a record for me – it normally takes years!
After working with PL a little more over the summer I am hooked! It can’t get ANY easier for you to document your life. Now we will have a record of what happened over the summer and actually be able to enjoy the photos we took!
I thought I’d share some of the things that I’ve noticed since I’ve started documenting using pocket pages:
- I take more photos of the everyday things – not because I HAVE to but because I WANT to. I want to remember all the little details of our lives.
- I journal more! This is big for me and I think the reason is because I’m doing it while the memories are fresh. I’m telling the little stories – like a missing salt shaker! Things that I never would of thought to include in a regular scrapbook album!
- My family has become involved – even after such a short time. They will comment – mom you should take a photo of this for Project Life. And Marcel will snap a photo if I’m not around and he thinks I might want to include it in the album.
- I’m not picky about the quality of photos. I’m including everything. Obviously I try to get the best possible picture but if it turns out a little blurry or out of focus, I still include it because it’s about the memory.
- I still include some traditional pages in my album. I save those pages for my favorite photos.
- I don’t document the everyday like a lot of Project Lifers do – I document on a monthly basis and include a calendar of what we had going on. It will remind us down the road what our lives were like.
- One of the best things – it doesn’t take a lot of time and it’s something you can do in small chunks of time without having to haul out everything!!
As you can see in the photo above the calendar starts the month. Then I just start adding photos to pockets and then add my cards and journaling. It is so much fun and I look forward to doing it as often as I can. Here’s a closer look at the right page…
These photos were taken when my daughter and I went to Calgary for a beach volleyball tournament. Not a huge number of photos were taken but a few that documented the fun we had over the weekend. The filler cards from the Everyday Adventure card collection and accessory kit filled the rest of the pockets and gave me some embellishments. It’s as easy as that!
I have a Memory Keeping Made Easy class scheduled for Monday September 22nd if you want to come and give it a try! This method of documenting life isn’t just about the everyday – you can use it to document holidays, create an album of your childhood, to supplement traditional scrapbooking, so many things. I will be covering all of them in class. Here are the details…
thousands of photos on your computer that no one ever looks at?
I tell you that I have a quick and easy solution to getting those
photos into albums for you and your family to enjoy?
Memory Keeping Made Easy class and I’ll show you just how quick and easy
it can be. Class fee of $10 includes all supplies to create 1 pocket
page and a card.