I posted a few weeks ago this photo of the activity advent calendar I created using the Hello December 2015 card collection and accessory kit. I thought I’d share all the cards with you – it was so simple to create and is going to be a great resource for documenting our December. It will also serve the purpose of reminding us to spend time together. The beginning of December is a crazy busy time for us with club volleyball tryouts – we are usually gone every night. I tried to make sure that the activities were ones that would bring us together as a family. They will also serve as journaling/photo prompts.
The cards would be cute strung on a garland, just sitting in a bowl or event clipped to a small Christmas tree! So many ideas…
Some of the activities are written on the back. I used some of Aly Edwards’ ideas from a few years ago. Days 1 to 8 include:
- Pick out the Christmas tree
- Drink hot cocoa
- Trim the tree
- Tell a friend at school that you are happy to be friends and why
- Get cozy and watch a holiday movie
- Decorate a gingerbread house
- Have a picnic by the tree
- Leave treats for the neighbours
And 9 through 16:
- Make a list of 10 things you are thankful for
- Clean out your room and donate unused toys and clothes
- Read a Christmas book
- Take a drive or walk and look at Christmas lights
- Have a snowball fight
- Make a card for a loved one and send it in the mail
- Tell someone you love them
- Make a donation to the food bank
And 17 though to 25:
- Take a silly family photo
- Bake some goodies
- Leave a gift for someone you don’t know
- Play board games by the fire
- Play in the snow
- Go ice skating
- Make thank you notes
- Sing Christmas carols
- Celebrate Jesus!
I’m going into this knowing that not everything will necessarily get done on those days. But I’m hopeful we will be able to accomplish all of the items and have made some wonderful memories along the way!
Have a creative day!
Click on any of the photos for more details, pricing or to place an order.