Remember the fortune-tellers that we used to make when we were kids and all the silly little things we would write inside each flap? I saw this twist on the fortune-teller idea in the Martha Stewart Living (August 2007 edition) and thought it was fabulous. My initial thought was that it would be perfect for gingerbread men decorating! You could have the little candies separated into each section – so cute, so much fun!
- Put the dsp with the patter that you want to see the most, face up.
- Lay the wax paper over top.
- Fold the paper in half diagonally, and unfold.
- Fold the paper in half on the other diagonal, and unfold.
- Fold in each corner to meet at the center.
Turn paper over and do the same – fold in each corner.
- Turn the paper over and fold all four flaps from the center to the outside so that you see the pattern that you started with face up.