Two strips designer series paper 1-3/4″x12″ (Blue Bayou Prints DSP used here)
Coordinating piece of cardstock (Blue Bayou)
Coluzzle (circle template)
Paper cutter with scoring tool
Chipboard Accent (On Board Trimmings used here)
Craft Ink (Whisper White used here)
Glue Stick (or 2-way Glue)
Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
Elastic Cord or ribbon
- 1. Score strips of cardstock every 3/8″.
- Fan fold along score lines.
- Use Coluzzle and cut out largest circle from coordinating cardstock.
- Apply sticky strip to both ends of 1 of the folded strips.
- Remove backing of 1 piece of sticky strip and adhere other piece of folded dsp so that you have one long piece.
- Adhere opposite end. Don’t worry about what shape the paper wants to take at this point, as long as the ends get adhered together to form a circle.
- Apply Crystal Effects all over circle.
- Pinch together fan folds and place onto circle. Position it into the centre of circle and extend until it reaches the outside of the circle. You may have to hold it for a minute or two until the CE sets and holds it in place.
- Apply craft ink to chipboard. I like to use a temporary adhesive and adhere the chipboard to a piece of scrap and then rub the ink pad directly onto chipboard.
- Apply glue to entire chipboard surface.
- Dip into glitter.
- Punch hole in top of circle using 1/16″ punch.
- Apply Crystal Effects to back of chipboard and adhere to center of circle.
- Add Elastic cord.
You end up with a beautifully crafted Christmas tree ornament! They also make wonderful little gifts for neighbors, teachers, friends and family.
Supplies: Completed sample: Wintergreen DSP, Crystal Effects, Sticky Strip, Coluzzle, On Board Trimmings, Glue Stick, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Silver Elastic Cord, 1/16″ punch, Always Artichoke Cardstock. Step-by-step sample: same as above except DSP is the Blue Bayou Prints DSP and the cardstock is Blue Bayou.