I apologize for posting late. Where does the time go? This weeks idea, well I guess last week now, is to create a box. There are so many templates out there for small boxes but I was happy to get a template for something that could hold something a little larger. This box is a fair size and a standard size card fits in very nicely. You could probably fit in a couple dozen finished cards and envelopes in this box easily!!
- Score designer series paper (DSP) at 4-3/4″ (from the long side).
- Rotate 1/4 turn and score at 5-3/4″ and 9-1/2″ (from the short side).
- Cut out the small end (piece is 1-1/2″x3-3/4″) and snip to score line along the other 3-3/4″ mark.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 for the other sheet of DSP.
- Attach sticky strip to narrow flap (1-1/2″x4-3/4″) and attache this to the opposite end (5-3/4″x 4-3/4″) of the other piece of DSP.
- Attach sticky strip to other narrow flap and attach to the opposite end of the initial piece of DSP to create a box (see photo).
- Fold in bottom flaps and use sticky strip to adhere.
- Take piece of coordinating cardstock and run it through your crimper.
- Attach to the back of the box using sticky strip.
- Use a velcro tab for closure.
- Decorate as desired.
Until next time,