This first project is one of our On Board Bitty Books that I decorated with our Holiday Thyme dsp to showcase our Christmas 2006 photos. These little books are incredibly quick to decorate and fun to give as gifts. A friend of mine had twin girls and I made one for each of the girls, personalizing them with their name, date of birth and weight. This next project is our 5×5 Art Journal, which I decorated before going on our Panama Cruise last year. I used it to document my memories and the photos I took. Another section was for notes that I made on the projects/demonstration that were done. This last one is our bigger On Board Art Journal. This is very similar to one that was shown at Convention last year. I loved the simplicity of it and what a fabulous way to use up scraps!Now for some tips & tricks to making the most of your chipboard:
- Stamp on it to create a pattern or use a background stamp.
- Use craft ink to add some color. Simply rub the craft ink all over the surface. Then sand around the edges to create a worn look.
- Use the negative space left behind as a letter on a page.
- The negative space can also be used as a stencil. Simply trace or sponge on some color and then cut out.
- Look closely at the negative space, on some letters, like the x, you will find arrows that can be added to your projects.
- Cover chipboard with paper, vellum or fabric. Simply cover the area using a glue stick, adhere to chipboard, trim edges and then sand using sanding blocks.
- Wrap it with ribbon.
- Use Crystal Effects or sticky strip and cover with micro beads.
- Add Crystal Effects to add dimension and shine.
- Wrap with embroidery floss.
- Cover with mess to add texture.
- Mix alphabet sets with the chipboard for a unique look to your projects.
- Use the large circle or large tag shape from the On Board Accents as a cover for a book/album.
I’m sure there are many more techniques, these are just a few that I’ve come across and tried. So pull out your chipboard and start creating. I’ve provided you with lots of ideas to get you started.Until next time,SherrySupplies: All SU! products used.